Serving by Standing Your Ground: Assertiveness in Ministry
by J. Michael Godfrey, D.Min, Ph.D, PCC
This PowerPoint presentation is designed specifically for individuals who are ready to develop necessary skills and practice assertiveness in establishing boundaries. The content will focus on the nature of assertiveness, the importance of assertiveness, tips and techniques for being assertive, and how to give and receive criticism.
At the conclusion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive, and assertive behavior.
- Identify your most prevalent behavior among the above.
- Explain the value of assertiveness.
- Understand the need for being responsible for one’s feelings.
- Implement assertiveness techniques you will use immediately.
- Implement practices that will help you give more effective, nurturing criticism as well as receive criticism as a learning experience.
Video Length – Session 1: 47 minutes Session 2: 48 minutes