7 Tips To Help You Achieve More That Matters
Achieving more that matters requires courageous action. This kind of action grows out of your consistent effort to
- Be more in your essential self, your person and
- See big possibilities, in the moment and for the future.
Moving to action is aimless and meaningless without attention to being and seeing. Being and seeing without action makes little difference in the world. Note this from Joel Barker
Vision without action is just a dream.
Action without vision just passes the time.
Vision with action can change the world.
How about 7 Tips to Help You Achieve More that Matters? Here they are:
- Act in light of who you are becoming. Human development never stops. Capitalize on your strengths, personality, talents, gifts, experience, and education. Do what you and only you can do.
- Create clear goals beginning with a written personal mission statement. Then use SMART goals that contribute to your mission.
- Ruthlessly manage your priorities to tightly focus on mission.
- Be aware of opportunities in the moment. Many opportunities to do something that really matters can be overlooked when you pay too much attention to the future or the past.
- Think enough but not too much. You can over-think the issue and experience the paralysis of analysis. Or you can be too impulsive, move too fast, and without sufficient calculation. Get enough information, process it, and act.
- Take courage. Feel the fear and take action anyway.
- Be open to mistakes and failure. Learning opportunities will dramatically increase as you move into action. Keep learning, adapting, and moving forward to your vision.
For a more in-depth treatment of the above, watch for Without Regret: Be More, See More, Achieve More that Really Matters coming to Amazon.com and other bookstores soon.
What usually holds you back from taking action?